Thursday, 18 May 2017

Favourite Cruelty Free Beauty Brands | ELLEKATE



Good Morning,
In the past ive posted the occasional post towards my cruelty free ways on the blog, but mainly in facebook rants into how people are still oblivious to the fact of what actually happens in these testing facilities. But, do not worry, today we are talking all about the best cruelty free brands that are on the market. Some are at high street prices, others, not so much. 
Ive made sure that I have left out all the brand which have parent companies which do test, as I know some people prefer that there is no involvement what so ever. 
Getting straight into it. 

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills
Now, a lot of people out there, especially in the beauty blogger world! Will know all about Anastasia's world wide famous dip brow kit, I'm one of them as its has been a daily product for well over two years now. Yet, not many know that the brand do not test on animals. After years of wishing, they now even have a UK site, meaning no more stupidly expensive shipping prices - Wahooo. If you are an american reader, and havent heard of the brand, dont worry you can find it at places like Sephora and online.


2. Charlotte Tilbury
When the brand first opened in my local area, it was around 3-4 months after I had started my crulety free lifestyle. My inital reaction was to avoid the place, as I was convinced that it would be tested on animals. It wasnt until a friend, pointed out to me that she was using their 24K Highligher (which is to die for by the way) that I was made aware that the brand is compeltly cruelty free, neither does it have a parent brand that involves in testing. So I would suggest you go and try out some of their products, especially eyeshadows. 


3. LUSH 
Now, Its kind of a given that this brand would be on the list. Not just because everytime I walk into the shop its as if ive stepped into a beautfuly sented bottle of perfume, but what they actually stand for. One of the many things which they do, that I fully endorse are the charity pots. Each store has a differnet charity, and a percentage of the sale shall go towards them. Not only do you get good product, you are doing good at the same time ! - I could go on forever but ill just leave it there.


4. Eyeko
Another brand which completly shocked me when I found out they didnt test on animals was Eyeko. Whist on the search for a new mascara, the wonderful ladies in Space NK adviced me that I should give the 'Black Magic' mascara a go ! I know that the brand now do more than just mascara, however I have yet to get around to trying out. Maybe sometime this year I might branch out to a new brow product, who knows


5. PIXI
Strangly enough I hadnt a clue about what the brand was, until I had to go into the Carnaby Street store to pick something up! Now, I dont think a day goes by where I dont use my PIXI Glow Tonic. If you have yet to hear what on earth is this glow tonic, just trust me, and go get yourself a bottle. Ive now started to have a collection build up of PIXI beauty products, there skin care is definalty a strenght for the brand and I wouldnt give it a miss.


6. Barry M 
As a 12 year old, I had a small space in my life where Barry M nail varnish was my everything. I had collected a good 18-20 bottles, before I realised that nail vanish doesnt last forever and that I was no good at even painting my nails to begin with. I havent used any of the other make up products from the brand in a very long time, but have heard quite a few good bits of feedback around. I would mainly suggest there nail varnish products as though only costing around £4 they are really good colours and apply easily. 


7. ColourPop
A new brand to the scene, well to my world ! Colourpop eyeshadows have changed my life. How pigmented the shades are for the price is a steal, plus they are another no test brand! What is not to love. In fact rumour has it, the brands suppliers are the people behind making the Kylie Jenner products as well. Tecnically, you could by yourself a colourpop lippy and it would be the same as owning a one by the youngest Kardashian herself ? Unless youre all about the logo. 


8. Kat Von D
Last but not least, lets talk about the queen of tattoos herself. Her latest endevor into the world of makeup, has been resieved very well, by me especially. Ive gone through 3/4 of the brands tattoo eyeliners in just under two years, yet I dont even wear eyeliner that much! I now have her, lock it foundation, setting power and a lipstick. All three of the products I love, possibly the liner the most! 


If you want to know more about the cruetly free list of brands that are out there, I have left a link below to a blog called cruelty free kitty. They have a full list of every brand out there that make beauty, that is beautiful inside and out, so go check it out. 


So there you have it,  my personal favourite beauty brands that dont test on animals. What do you all think? Have another brand that I havent mentioned that I maybe should have ? Please feel free to leave it in the comment section below. 

Ellie X

1 comment :

  1. Like so many other people, I am a big fan of Lush. I love their products and of course their message. It really makes a difference when you wear a product that you know is cruelty-free.

    Emily | http://emilytrinh.com

    ReplyDelete